2009年11月30日月曜日

Debate topics

1. Nuclear weapon topic
As we know that almost of students in this class don't think that nuclear weapons can not be eliminated, so I suggest that we should discuss about should we try to eliminate nuclear weapon.
Although it is very hard to stop nuclear weapon production, we probably have another way to decline this production. The things that we should talk about are the advantages and disadvantages of neclear weapon elimination and how to get rid of neclear weapon.

2. Another interesting topics
Actually I am not very much interest in the nuclear weapon issue, so I would like to bring up new topics that I prefer. When I came to Japan, I have been to many Japanese restaurants, and I found interesting thing which is Tabenomihoudai. Someone might think that it is nothing to do with this topic, because it is common thing in Japan. However, it surprised me. I am interested in this concept due to I don't have something like Tabehoudai in Thailand. In Thailand, if you go to any restaurant, you can sit in the restaurant as long as you can even you just order one drink. But you can not do it in Japan. Most of Japanese restaurant that have tabehoudai set time for each meal maybe 2 hours. I think that Tabehoudai concept is interesting and can be reflect the image of Japanese society that we should talk about.

3 件のコメント:

  1. Thanks for both comments. The second topic may be interesting as well. We need to find a "YES" or "NO" proposition that we can debate. Perhaps a question related to drinking culture in Japan would be interesting.

    返信削除
  2. Although drinking culture in Japan is an interesting topic, it is very hard to gain many comments. Because 50% of this class are Japanese. They might either get used to it or seem boring with it.

    返信削除
  3. Unfortunately, a student here at this university died in a drinking related accident over the weekend.

    返信削除